Services and Pricing
I am a software engineer which means I write the software powering the website, but also create the design that showcases your business. I create a WordPress website that is beautiful on the surface, and powered by efficient and hearty software behind the scenes.
I will tend to your website, through my hosting packages, and will keep it running smoothly, as well as continually work with you to make sure the content is up-to-date and accurately reflects your business.
1 Happy Place provides the following services:
- Website Design and Development
- Hosting, Support and Maintenance
- MailChimp Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) Concierge Services
- Optional Monthly Retainer Services
- Technical Consulting
1 Happy Place is flexible, creative, professional, and honest.
Kevin John Goff
Schedule a free introductory chat to discuss how I can help you and your business improve your digital presence.
During the half hour chat, I will get to know you and your business to better understand how I can help.Schedule Appointment
Website Design and Development
Building a strong website is an investment in the future of your business. As I talk about in my video Demystifying Technology, your website is your central hub and is the foundation of your entire digital business presence. It should always be fresh, working properly, and contain clear messaging for your website visitors.
For 20 years, as a senior software engineer, I built mission-critical software for General Dynamics, which meant if the software didn’t run properly, it might cause harm. I have taken all those lessons into building robust websites that are worth your business investment.
So how much will my website cost?
It depends. That is probably not the answer you hoped to hear! It is because I will only write a proposal for the website you need right now depending on the needs of your business. You can add features to your website during development or later when needed, it costs the same.
The best websites are minimalist and easy for the notoriously impatient website visitor to navigate. Your website should stay relevant and contain only the information that the potential client seeks, so depending on your current business, your website costs will be an appropriate investment.
I also build unique and timeless designs to best convey the personality of your business and your career. Go to my Portfolio to see examples of my work.
To get started, schedule a free appointment, so I can learn more about you and what you are looking for in your new website.
Katie Ayres is a web developer/designer who I highly recommend. She is well informed and professional in her field of expertise with a kind and patient manner.
Hosting, Support and Maintenance
$40 a month (WordPress)
$20 a month (non-WordPress)
I provide hosting to all my clients which also includes maintenance to keep your website in tip top shape. I will tend to your website, keeping it secure, robust, and up-to-date, so that you can focus on your business.I have extensive security and monitoring practices to ensure your website is healthy.
With my broad technological background, I can handle any problem that may occur with your website, either with software updates or dealing directly with support for domain registration and hosting companies.
I also host and maintain websites I did not build, for business owners that need an expert to tend to their WordPress website.
We can also set up a monthly retainer if you would like me to update your website and send newsletters on your behalf, leaving the technological side of your business in my capable hands.
It is a comfort to have this important business aspect professionally handled for me by Katie.
MailChimp Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) Concierge Services
In my video Demystifying Technology, I discuss how your newsletter is an effective form of marketing and deeply tied to your website. Newsletters are like temporary web pages sent to your subscriber's inboxes.
I have developed these services to remove worry over the design, layout and functioning of the email once it reaches inboxes as well as manage other technical aspects of Mailchimp features.
I am officially certified in MailChimp, allowing me to be an administrator for your MailChimp account. I can:
- Setup your newsletter to help improve newsletter reputation and delivery
- Ensuring the content you have written for your newsletters isn't lost to spam filters and images and links work properly
- Assist with the technological aspects of other features, such as automatic newsletter journeys and appointment scheduling
The Newsletter Setup services are a one-time setup fee. After the setup, you can send newsletters yourself or hire me to send your newsletters, handling the layout, testing and reporting of each newsletter. You provide content for all your newsletters.
- Configure settings for your domain to improve deliverability and help prevent your newsletters from going into spam folders
- Help you determine the information you wish to request in your subscribe form
- Setup an automated welcome email for new subscribers
- Setup appropriate merge tags to automatically personalize your newsletters
- Provide you with information on best practices to ensure good newsletter reputation and delivery
$50 a newsletter, or 1/2 hour of monthly retainer fees
- Create and design the newsletter based on content and images received from you
- Send a test message for your review and approval
- Send report one week after newsletter was sent
I am not very technologically oriented and needed a lot of help putting together my thoughts and ideas. Katie was on target and put together my ideas along with her professional opinion.
I provide monthly retainer services to help you manage and maintain your website and newsletter. My hourly rate is $100 an hour and we can setup an amount of time each month relative to your needs, from 15 minutes to a couple of hours per month or quarter.
Those fees can be used for:
- Updates to the content of your website, such as portfolios, events, listings, blogs, or general page content (usually 15 minutes per update)
- Designing, sending and reporting analytics on a newsletter (1/2 hour of time)
- Adding a new feature to your website (great way to use leftover time if not used)
- Priority phone support (first 15 minutes are not charged)
I send you a quarterly retainer report of the time spent and rollover any time you have not used into the next quarter. I round down, e.g. if something takes 20 minutes, I will only charge 15 minutes. I send invoices on a quarterly basis.
The following table shows the cost of different levels of time per month or per quarter. All costs are shown per month.
Katie is willing to work at your pace and gives you quality advice and guidance along the way.
Do you need a helping hand in your journey to building your online presence? Please don’t hesitate to reach out, I am happy to help you through your concern or question.
One-hour scheduled phone or Zoom consultation
- Ask me anything related to web technologies
- Discuss your website and problems faced
- Answers to general technical issues
Thank you, Katie for your expertise and kindness. You made all this technical stuff easy to understand. I so appreciate you solving my problem.
Karen Fox after a phone consultation